Microsoft offered free update for its existing PC users when Windows 10 was announced. This offer was available only before July 29, 2016. The people who are worried that they have to pay now for upgrading to Windows 10, need not to worry. Because the free upgrade offer is still available.
In order to upgrade your PC to Windows 10, you need a genuine activated Windows 7 or 8.1.
Please follow below steps to upgrade your PC from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10:
- Open the Windows 10 download page.
- Click Download tool now.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file.
- Click Accept at the Terms and Conditions prompt screen.
- Click Upgrade this PC now to upgrade the machine.
- Now sit back and wait until the Windows 10 download is complete.
- After the download is complete, the tool will automatically verify the download. This tends to stay at 0 percent for a few minutes and then zip to 90 percent and beyond, so be patient.
- After this the tool will automatically begin creating Windows 10 media. Wait until it’s done.
- Once again, you’ll be asked to check some license terms. Click Accept.
- Now the tool will download updates. After this you won’t be able to work until the Windows 10 installation is complete.
- The tool will now tell you that it’s ready to install Windows 10. Click Install. Now the waiting game begins. It took around an hour for the Windows 10 upgrade to complete on our PC. It’ll restart a few times and finally boot into Windows 10.
Some minor issues may occur but these will be fixed when you will restart your PC.
We hope that this process will help you upgrade your PC to Windows 10 for free.
Please provide us your comments.